The Environment, Paper and Prime
...it is worth the paper it's printed on!
As a responsible company, we intend to grow and develop in a sustainable manner. So our environmental policy is necessarily very important to us. We recognise that our operations do have an impact on the environment, and it's one that we're committed to reducing. That's why we're developing an environmental management system (EMS) and performance indicators which help us accurately assess both current and future levels of our environmental impact.
We aim to:
- integrate environmental management into our day-to-day business operations. This will ensure that we address environmental issues at the same time as providing a quality product to all our customers
- comply with all relevant environmental legislation and requirements
- reduce our use of natural resources such as energy and water
- re-use resources whenever possible, rather than disposing of them
- encourage the use of recycled and environmentally-responsible materials and, wherever possible, use FSC-grade papers
- give advice and offer environmentally-friendly printing options to all our customers
- provide appropriate environmental training for all our people, and encourage them to support this programme
- ensure that all of our suppliers have a clear environmental policy of their own
- only use couriers who are committed to cutting carbon emissions for our domestic and international deliveries.
Environmentally-friendly paper choices
We offer you a choice of paper that provides an assurance of social and environmental responsibility. So you can then promote your own dedication to the environment and add the appropriate logos to your final printed product. This can also help you with ISO 14001 environmental audits and other green business certifications or accreditations
FSC-certified paper: The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an international network that promotes responsible management of the world's forests. It's endorsed by NGOs including WWF, Greenpeace and the Woodland Trust. The FSC Chain of Custody certification means that the end paper product can be traced back to its source. And you can rest assured that it comes from responsible and legal timber suppliers.
Carbon-balanced paper: The CO2 generated during the production of the paper is calculated and balanced (offset) through the land purchase - by the World Land Trust - of areas of natural forest under imminent threat of clearance. These managed forests then lock in carbon that would otherwise be released, and they continue to absorb CO2. So you can reduce your carbon footprint without any cost to your marketing budget.